Saturday, March 1, 2008

POP NEWMAN COOKIES

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup margarine
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream margarine and sugars together. Then add the rest of ingredients. Place by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.

OR

place entire batter in the middle of a cookie sheet or pizza pan, (use two as this is a large recipe) and spread until flat. The center may be a little thinner leaving the edges thicker. Leave space all around so the batter could spread to the edges of the pan. If there are no edges. the batter spreads quite a bit and will spill over.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Mike's Mom! I could not find my TWO copies and was feeling lost. I went to school with the Newman kids.

jasangela said...

Yay ... I was hoping to find this recipe online and lo and behold ... here it be :) Thank you so much for posting it.

Unknown said...

Pop Newman is my grandfather and I can tell you 2 things about this recipe. 1 its shortening NOT MARGARINE and 2 he would be so offended if you put chocolate chips in it!

Unknown said...

My mom found this recipe somewhere in a newspaper when I was a child, either in the 60s or 70s. I still use the recipe, but with shortening (Crisco), not margarine, as that is what is in the newspaper clipping. We still love it!